9.02.2004

long-time listener, first-time caller.

Hi--I'm Mary, a former collegiate colleague of Maria's...ah, the vaguely-memorable times we shared in those hallowed halls of the UMD English department. (Well, technically there weren't really any halls, since we didn't really have a building, but you get the idea.) Anyway, she's been harping on me for about six months, telling me to post here. Today, my will finally broke. Maria is a stern taskmaster, to be sure.

Anyway...I grew up in Ashland, went to college in Duluth, and shortly after graduation, moved to Helena, Montana. I've been here for about three years, but still keep up with the goings-on of "The Northland," and read PDD regularly. When my time's up here in about a year or so, I might be headed back that way...as great as milder winters and mountains can be, something in me cries for the big lake and for sub-zero temperatures. Once it's in your blood, there's no shaking it.


Nice to meet you all--and I promise not to make a nuisance of myself. (After this, at least.)

No comments: