5.15.2005

Laid Off

I guess a lot of us saw it coming, but 50 Below let go of about 30 people on Friday, myself included. The whole market department (save 3 people) got the kaibosh, along with lots of long-standing staff members from other departments. This is on top of the 10 or so people that left, on top of the several that have left over the last few months.

As much as I'd like to just take the next 2 weeks and relax, I find myself needing to find another place to work sooner than later. About now I don't care where - question is, any of you in the geek network have any good ideas? Should I try to stick it out here in Duluth or take the opportunity to move out to the west coast? With my last check and unemployment I should be able to retain the current quality of life for probably 3 months, OR I could take a gamble and pick a place on the map and hope for the best.

Any thoughts?

No comments: