8.10.2005


Ok, if anyone was wondering about the craziness of the last few days - it was my fault.
It wasn't meant to be mean-spirited or anything. When I saw the video, I was reminded of the Star Wars Kid, Numa Numa, and other "internet hits". So I posted it to the same site where I saw the previously mentioned videos, figuring that some other people might enjoy "the Kid from West Duluth", and it might even bring some attention to Duluth's little blog.
Later when I checked back, I was disturbed and dismayed by what people had written. I felt like a kid in high school inviting my new buddies to the A/V room to meet my old friends, and then was shocked and horrified as my "new friends" started trashing the A/V equipment and stealing lunch money from my friends. Seriously. I had an ache in my stomach as I thought "What have I done?"
I just wanted everyone to know that we didn't have an online community full of assholes, just one.
Sorry.

No comments: