8.23.2003

A crazy couple of days.

Sad news. 2 women died in a fire above the North Star bar in Superior Wi. The family of my friend Liz owned the bar and apartments which makes the news even more sad. The North Star was always a great place to have a drink and they would even have music there once in a while. My band Father Hennepin played a Halloween show there one time with Giljunko and Lifter Puller.

Scary news. My place of employment was robbed yesterday. There was only one person there at the time when a woman came up the back stairs and handed a note to M saying "give me all the money and we won't hurt you." She (the robber)also shoved something very gun like in M's back while guiding her to the till. M escaped shortly after the money was handed over and was not hurt. WHAT THE HELL! Broad daylight, downtown Duluth, MN.

On a lighter note. I scored a really cool old star sign at a garage sale yesterday. It used to be on the top of the Dewitt-Seitz building in Canal Park. Needs a new cord but all the light sockets are intact and it will look great on my wall.

I also got to drive a Mini Cooper yesterday. People really look at you when you drive one of these.

Now I am going to go Kayaking with Tom and Kerry. Have a good day.

No comments: