12.29.2004

It's the 2004 PDD Bloggie Awards!

Whew, where did the year go. I just finished up reading every PDD post made this year and I have made my picks for the years best.

If you have the time I reccomend taking a stroll down memory lane. I guess like any year it was a mix of happy/sad, joyous/tragic, birth/death. I for one will mark 2004 down in the positive column. A few more aches and pains but also a slightly clearer understanding of who the hell I am and what my purpose on this little journey we call life is.

Without further delay I present my picks for the best of PDD this year in chronological order.

Peace Rabbit | January 24 | Ca-Chee

Ca-Chee doesn't post nearly enough but I love her writing. She made last years 13 best with "Punk Ass in Shop Class"


Is this ART? | February 3 | Starfire

I know I picked my self but I really picked some of PDD's best doing what they do best. Drinking and drawing, on cocktail napkins, at the North Pole Bar, enjoy.


The Secret of the Tab | March 11 | Barrett Chase

I promise all my picks will not involve drinking and pictures of ears but this is too good not to revisit.


What's it like in Kidland? | April 2 | Barrett Chase

What's it Like is a semi-regular feature on PDD which Barrett started and you are all welcome to continue. Read, learn and post your own.


I am not a Videographer | April 18 | Barrett Chase

This, the third appearance of Barrett on the PDD Bloggie Awards is a video montage of Geek Prom³ and it must not be missed. Video Blogs are popping up all over the web lately and I can't help but think PDD was an early pioneer.


Summer's Coming | April 28 | Mark

Mark is a periodic poster on PDD and he also makes delicious Duluth videos. This makes me almost want to take the plunge this year. Sounds like a field trip.


Saturday Afternoon Madness | May 9 | Barrett Chase

O.K. lets just call it now. Blogger of the year goes to Barrett Chase. This video from Homegrown 6 captures it all. Kickball, music and alcoholism.


I had my first zombie dream last night | May 11 | Paul Lundgren

2004 marks the year that Paul mastered the art of Blogging. 2004 also marks the year that Paul Lundgren was unemployed, twice. He is now back home with his dialup connection. Here's hoping Paul gets to the Library soon, running that gauntlet he runs so well.


Catch Phrase | June 8 | Maria

Part of the charm of PDD is the comment section and this post demonstrates that better than most. Maria is also my candidate for Blogmenter of 2004. Always witty, naughty and beautiful. Rock on Ms. Danz.


My Proudest Fathering Moment | June 14 | Clumsy

This post is awesome on so many levels. A simple story we can all relate to that just brightens your day. Clumsy you should post more.


The Tooth Fairy is Dead | June 15 | Gia

Gia is an American living in England and a television star. If I was more ambitious I would find her URL. Who here can't relate to Tooth Fairy/Coming of Age stories?


The Rock Star: Adventures in Toddlerdom | June 20 | Mike

If I had to vote this might be my favorite post of the year.


Hi, I'm Kelly | July 4 | Kelly:)

Ah Kelly, Is she real? Is she Baci? Is she Berv, Is she JJ Lee? The Blogosphere may never know and that might just be a good thing.


Pantyhose Babes | August 9 | Bad Cat!

2004 marks the year of the Blog as the "New Journalism." It also marks the first time that PDD was scooped by the local media. This Ebay auction was posted on PDD and it made its way to all the local media a short time later. Press conferences and official statements were made, Ebay yanked the auction and we all had a big laugh.


What it's like: A Straight Razor Shave | September 2 | Starfire

Yes, another of my posts. I had so much fun getting this shave and making the video that I had to put it on the list.


What does "happy" mean? | September 17 | Godsey

Godsey resigned from the blog in 2003 but made a reappearance this year with some thought provoking posts. He is moving to Minneapolis soon with his lovely wife Shannon. I for one will miss that baseball cap wearing professor.


What's It Like, Part 3 | October 1 | Barrett Chase

Barrett is back with his latest installment Of WIL. I missed this particular night of the Starfire Lounge due to illness and that just might have been a good thing.


So when's the CD Release Party for this? | December 2 | Tomasz

This is another example of the comments making a post better. Plus I wanna be in the band.


Long the Shor | December 4 | Berv

JJ Lee started the whole MS Paint fad but Berv has taken it to a new level with the added poetry. Keep it up Berv.



So. That's it. My picks for the Best of 2004. I want to thank you all for your posting, blogmenting, or lurking. This is a community and it takes all kinds. Feel free to make your own lists.

Party safe.




No comments: