4.08.2005

Funny Geek Prom Story

An amusing Geek Prom-related story just in time for Geek Prom.

I went to Geek Prom 2003 dressed as Laura Croft (from the Tomb Raider game). I had a lot of costume elements and had the whole "Laura Croft" look down (albeit, the look of a fat, drunk Laura Croft who kept spilling her drinks, but Laura Croft nonetheless). It was a very fun evening.

Several weeks later, I had an interview for a web developer job. I had psyched myself up, and had my aura of "interview cool" on. When the interviewer came out to meet me, he cocked his head at an angle, looked at me, then asked "... Laura Croft?".

My "interview cool" was gone. He caught me so off guard that I stammered the way through the interview (and desperately tried to remember if I had done anything obnoxious to him at Geek Prom).

Needless to say, I did not get the job as a fat, drunk web developer. ;)

(Sorry about the gratuitous pussy shot)

No comments: