10.26.2003

Ghosts

they're hereHey. It's Halloween time. Have any of you Bloggeronis ever seen a ghost? I have, and I'm going to tell you about it.

It was about 3am, when I woke up from a nightmare. I was just laying there, calming down a bit, when I looked over and saw a little girl standing next to the dresser. I thought that I was still dreaming at first, and then I thought that at any moment my eyes would adjust and she would turn into a robe or something. But no. I stared for what seemed like a long time. She was really there.

I sat up carefully, woke up Ca-chee, and told her to turn on the light. (Side note: I guess it's kind of frightening in and of itself to be awoken and told to turn on the light.) She did, and when the light came on, the girl was no longer there. I explained. Ca-chee shut off the light, and ... the girl was there. We both saw her, and later described her to each other--our descriptions matched.

She was about 12 years old, with straight, light-colored hair. She wore a pleated skirt, carried an armful of books, and appeared to be waiting for someone. She took no notice of us. Also, she didn't really have a face.

That was the only time I've ever seen a ghost. It wasn't all that frightening, but it was unnerving. Also, for some reason I knew at the time that we would never see her again, and we haven't.

Yet.

I've told this story to several of you PDD'ers, and I know that some of you have similar stories. Anyone care to share?

No comments: