10.23.2003

I'm in the system now.

Just got home from my appointments with the good old social service people. That's welfare I guess. I was very impressed with how smoothly things went. The first appt. was with Health Care Access. John was my counselor and he was great. I handed over all my financial info and their office takes care of the rest. Minnesota care has been hit hard with cuts but at least it will be something.

After John I headed upstairs to the free clinic. Dr Bergeron was equally pleasant and will take care of referring me to the Oral Surgery doc. She also refilled the Lortab prescription which was good news since the last one was wearing off.

So I am fairly optimistic that I won't be stuck with a $15,000 doctor bill. Time will tell.

I am going to make an appearance at the Starfire Lounge tonight, straw in hand and a new GrandpaBoy disc that I got out of the free box at KUWS.

No comments: