2.12.2004

Have you ever eaten a Scorpion?

I did last night. It was deep fried and salted and tasted like potatoe chips. Grasshopper were also quite tasty. The Thai's here buy it by the bag full. It's like junk food to them. Meal worms and grubs taste like Sushi though........ i don't care for these as much. There are waterbugs that look like giant roaches. I could not get past the looks of it, but my friend gobbled it down and said it tasted like dog food and the wings were really chewey. I think i did well to stay away. I've heard that there is one town in Cambodia that lives entirely off thier huge spider population. Appropriately it is named "spider villiage." Tonite i will travel to northern Thailand where the hill tribe people live. I wonder what kind of bugs they prefer?

No comments: