6.13.2004

I heart Charter!

No not really!

I was paying 49.90 a month for my high speed. . . internet. It was 30 something for the internet, 4.95 for modem rental, and a 10 dollar fee for not having cable TV. I went to their website to find out how much web space I'm allowed for my package. (their server is super fast compared to what pepper-land.net is on right now) :/

On their main page I see an ad for their high speed internet package. The only one they offer is 39.95 a month. And it's 3mb. When I signed up with them they had the 'silver, gold, and platinum' packages, we had the silver. It was 384kbps.

So I called charter and asked about the package. I was able to reduce my monthly amount from 49.90 to 39.95 a month with a 2.95 modem charge, and no penalty for not having cable TV, for a total of 42.95 a month. For 8 dollars less my internet speed went from average 240kbps, to 1980kbps.

Thank you Charter. I'm thankful you informed me that your packages had changed, making sure I had the best possible deal, instead of keeping me in the dark paying more money for a fraction of the speed.

Just thought any Charter customers who are in the same boat would like a heads up. Long live Corporate America!

--- End Sarcasm ---

On a side note, what server(s) host perfectduluthday.com and barrettchase.com? Actually, anyone have a good (fairly cheap) hosting service they recommend?

No comments: