6.14.2004

My proudest fathering moment

This weekend my 6 year old had a friend over. They were eating their macaroni and cheese for lunch. As expected, their conversation turned to burps and farts. The Friend had an unbelievable burping skill, and my son and his 3-year old sister tried to do it too but couldn't produce the real burps, just guttural "ahhh"s and grunts.

Then The Friend told them that he could make farts with his armpit, which caused amazement and disbelief. He tried it, but nothing happened. He blamed the shirt he was wearing.
I had been listening quietly to all this, and couldn't resist. I walked into the kitchen with my right hand firmly in my left armpit, and my left arm flapping. Their eyes got huge and The Friend said "Wow, my brother can't even do it that good!"

No comments: