11.03.2004

The Deal With Gobstoppers



Today for my lunch break, I sat in my car and listened to the Kerry concession speech. To consol my saddened heart I had a box of Gobstoppers leftover from Halloween. What a dissapointment on two fronts. Has anyone else noticed that Gobstoppers have been reduced in size? They seem so much smaller than they used to be. Also they hardly change color at all! I did a little taste/color test. Each color now only changes to one other color.

Yellow->Orange
Orange->Yellow
Purple-> Red
Green->Purple
Red->Orange

I read the box, and thier slogan is "Layers & Layers of Fun". Layers? Who are they kidding? The box deceivingly shows laughing jawbreakers with four colors. My question is this: Does anyone else remember Gobstoppers differently? And when exactly did they become so shoddy?

No comments: