3.19.2004

Fun times in Reno


So, I spent the day today in Reno, Nevada, murder capital of the US. My sister and I went to this awesome little art museum there, the Nevada Art Gallery. You all would have loved it. It was chalk full of crazy contemporary art. One artist representing was Cindy Sherman. She does these weird self portraits where she's dressed as some character-sometimes from movies. The photo usually has to do with the subjugation of women or something, whatever. Anyway, they had this section where you could take your own portraits--Cindy Sherman style. You know, dress up with props, take pictures, and print them out. Oh you better believe we did--and we had a good ol' time. I think my picture there will be resurfacing as my blogger photo--keep your eyes peeled.

No comments: