7.20.2004

Be careful out there

So, last year when the waves picked up and people were getting swept out in the lake, I was skeptical. I'd been in the lake with even bigger waves and never had trouble swimming back in. Then there was the boogie boarding hero who saved a number of people.

I was just out there with a kayak and a boogie board, and there were several people having trouble getting back to shore at the tot lot beach. Myself included. Now I'm not trying to claim the throne of 2004 boogie boarding hero, but I did help someone in. With a boogie board. They're really quite useful! Then she screamed at her friend "I'm never swimming in this lake again!!!"

Somethings definitely going on in that water. Maybe it's all the extra bird poop. I didn't check today's fecal coliform warnings, but I sure swallowed a lot of water. Mmmm

As we were leaving there were a bunch of fire trucks, a rescue boat, and ambulance heading farther out on park point. Not good. Watch yourselves PDDers. Remember, swim parallel to the shore, perpendicular to the rip current, wait an hour after eating, always have a buddy with you, and use that sunblock.

No comments: