7.30.2004

Ellen: The Follow-up

I just got back from meeting my friend Ellen in Grand Rapids. I must say that overall it was a very pleasant visit. Bringing along my friend Maria sure helped with conversation. Maria was successful in minimally offending her throughout the night. Luckily, Ellen was not so nearly the Christian fanatic as she came off to be. At first I was quite worried because she was wearing a shirt with a quote about God with large cross in the background. But she was kind of one of those progressive "do good" christians. We ate at Brewed Awakenings, a real cool coffee shop/sandwich shop i would highly recommend. We dissed Bush and company. Then, we tried to go bowling, but the bowling alley was closed at 8 o'clock on a Thursday evening. But Maria did get a free pair of new socks out of the deal. We took pictures in front of the Judy Garland House. And We finished the evening with a visit to DQ. Overall not bad. I'm still alive. And no mention of marriage. And i'm no christian. Not to bad for one night.

No comments: