7.26.2004



So i had this friend named Ellen in 7th grade when i lived in Leesville, LA. She wasn't a great friend or anything. I had her in an english class of mine, and she was kind of the class nerd. She didn't have very many friends. I knew her for about one year. After 7th grade, my family moved to Bemidji, MN. I haven't seen my friend Ellen since that summer when we ran into each other and exchanged addresses. Now she lives in Illinois. We kept in contact fairly well and wrote letters every so often. Our contact ended 5 years ago, and i hadn't heard from her since. About three months ago, i got a letter from Ellen. She told me that she runs the youth group at her church now and hopes to someday attend seminary. She also told me that she was going to be in Northern Minnesota in July. She was going to be heading up a bible camp group. When she was in the area, she wanted to meet in person. I thought that it might be cool to meet up with an old friend. So i wrote her back saying that it would be alright, but in my head i never thought it would work out. Well, i get this call today from her. She is in Minnesota and wants to meet up. I thought this was all kind of weird but okay until she said that her bible camp group wanted to meet me too. And that they want me to marry her. But she told me that we'd have to meet first and take it slow. I didn't know what to say. I don't know when this whole thing became a date! I am supposed to meet her at the Burger King in Grand Rapids on this Thursday at 9:30 pm. It's gonna be awkward. I hope she doesn't try to save my soul when she learns more about me.

No comments: