9.18.2003

An anniversary.

7 years ago (or so) I asked a gentleman named Tim Nelson if I could play records at his Brewpub once a week. I gave him a couple of mix-tapes that I had made, he thought about it and said no. I was a little bit crushed but he kept listening to those tapes and a year later (or so) he called me up and said "let's give it a try."

Now, 6 years later the Starfire Lounge is going strong. I thought it might die when they banned the smoking but now it is smoke free and busy. Tonight we will celebrate with some extra DJ's on the roster, a cask conditioned Starfire Pale Ale on tap and the return of the T-Shirts.

Thank you Tim and Rod and Dave and Mike and Jeff and all of the staff for letting me control the music for all these years. Thank you to all the D.J.'s, especially LumpyG (my fact checkin' cuz) and Tim Anderson for holding down the fort when I hit the road with that band. In the future we may stay open a bit later. Ouch, my head hurts with the thought of it.

See you tonight.

No comments: