9.10.2003

Just goes to show you never can tell.



I have lived in Duluth, MN. for 11 years now and one of the things I have always cherished is the ability to park either direction on residential streets. Sure I know it is illegal and most cities do not tolerate this behaviour but Duluth was always tolerant until today. I blame the students. They come back to town and the police feel the need to crack down. Is it not bad enough that I can find no parking when the collegiate darlings descend on my neighborhood? The least they could do is invite me to their parties that go on until dawn. I would not even complain if the parking tickets were still 6 bucks but it seems the administration is trying to act like a big city and has recently doubled the price of parking misdeeds. So in protest of my parking misfortune I will be paying my fine in pennies at the courthouse in the morrow. That will be 1800 copper buddies that I will sort out after I publish this post. I know the lady sitting behind the bulletproof glass has nothing to do with my situation but it will feel so good to watch her count them one-by-one.

On a more political note. It looks like Charlie Bell and Herb Bergson will be squaring off for the title of Mayor come November. Herb was the biggest vote getter followed closely by Chuck. Donnie Ness walked away with over 12,000 votes in his bid for reelection to the City Council. I like that Donnie, too bad he is not running for Mayor.

Finally, I am entering the Rock&Roll Kami-Kaze and NorShor College (Dis)orientation contest to be held on Saturday October 4th at the NorShor Theatre. Anyone can sign up and have your name tossed in a hat from which bands of 4 will be drawn. Those bands will then have 2 weeks to put together a short set of music which will be judged by local music lovers. Sounds like a hoot. Send Adam an email if you are interested

O.K. Sorry for the rant. I must count pennies now.

p.s. i bought a Hewlett Packard scanner today, model 3500c. On sale at Best Buy for 59 bucks. Watch out world.

No comments: