8.01.2004

August Already?!?

So, I'm back a little early from a weekend up on the Soup Trail...the wet on Friday just took the hike right out of me, so I made my way back home yesterday from the Castle Danger parking area. I camped about a mile or so outside Gooseberry along the trail a few yards from the river, where it's slow and bendy before the falls. Not exactly the most optimum weekend to camp. I was literally wading in my boots from all the wet grass (chest high in a lot of spots.). Heard a pack of wolves a couple of times during the night. Not very far from where I was set up. Spooky. If yer Really interested, http://www.thenorthernmosttexan.blogspot.com has some details. I'll be sifting through what I put up yesterday, which was taken directly out of my logbook, and adding pieces in here and there as I can recall.

Now I'm home, I got a shower, fresh coffee, fresh undies a good comfy sleep in my own bed, gear drying on the porch...updating my blog for no one to see...

The Missus and I are ever closer to closing on this Hillside Shack, probably signing the p-work this week with the (former) landlords @ the Looch later this week. Frightened and scared at the same time. Had the Inspection done Thursday, and the fella was an awfully huge help. He basically confirmed a lot of what I was thinking about the place, gave me some handy tips and advice on what to do, what could be done, and stuff like that. If ya ever need an inspection done...I HIGHLY reccommend calling Greg Lilley's Best Inspections out of Brimson.

Perfect August Music: Godspeed! You Black Emperor-Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antenna To Heaven

That's all I got. Godspeed to y'all headed to Red for N8's memorial. If you see my wife, tell her to stop by Bill's Imported Foods and pick me up some baklava and calamata olives.

thanks for reading.

No comments: