8.08.2004

Random Sightings...

I get around the streets of Duluth quite a bit, either by walking or my trusty mule (bike). I think it's safe to say I've encountered a good number of the residents of this town whilst pounding the sidewalks and pedaling the streets, and there is one old fella I seem to run into...randomly... everywhere. He's a kindly gent, about 80 if he's a day, with tan skin and whitewhitewhite hair. I've spoken to him briefly on a few occasions, either to tell him the time (odd, because I gave up wearing a watch in 1996) or to just acknowledge his presence in this reality. I've run into him mostly around the blocks between 7th and 9th Aves and 1st to 4th streets, and as far away as downtown. Mostly he walks, but sometimes I've seen him with a broom in his hand sweeping sidewalks and steps to people's houses. Today, I saw him across the street from my house sweeping the sidewalk in front of the duplex across the street. Anyone else see this old fella? If you walk at all in this town, you've probably run into him (or me, without knowing it).

just an observation...thanks for listening...

If anyone knows anything about Technics SL23 turntables and their quirky speed servos, chime in. I am trying to save mine from needless banishment to the basement.

No comments: