7.10.2003

day off


Well after 2 hard days of work we have a day off. The Radioheaddies may have packed up and headed north but we have stayed put in Florence. I am happy to report that the U.S.A. (me) has emerged victorius against Great Britain(tour manager Matt) in a 4 length hotel pool swim challenge. The race was won in the turns so I would like to send a big thank you to all of my swim coaches that made me work so hard on technique. I believe there may be a challenge later this evening with Mr Zak Sally getting into lane 3. I can beat that skinny Bass player anyday.

So show number 3 was awesome. Chris the sound guy has finally got the hang of mixing these outdoor shows and the band has a new found confidence. Alan was real chatty with the crowd last night and those Italians were eating it up. Low has been rocking it out a bit more than usual but they play the quiet ones too. I would say that 80 percent of the audience was really into listening and the whole crowd was quite respectful. AT one point I heard a request shouted out from the Radiohead tent for "Dinosaur Act" and when they did play it Colin ran up to the side stage and sang along. He said it was his favorite Low song.

Everybody has really been great to us and I will miss the Italians when we head off to France. Speaking of France the entertainment industry is currently on strike. That includes the stage hands and we may run into some protesting. The striking Frenchmen tried to stop a Rolling Stones show from happening yesterday but I believe the show went on as planned.

I guess that is about it for now. Tonight we are all going to dinner at 6 if anyone is in the neighborhood. Traditional Tuscan fare is our goal.

Oh the new photos at the top of the page were from the backstage area. Damn we are lucky. I wish everyone could be here.

Oh one more thing. The Tour De France coverage here is fantastic. They cover every stage from beginning to end on at least 2 channels and one is in English. I don't mind listening in French though.

scotty-the rawk nanny

No comments: