7.11.2003

Ferraro, Italy. I just may move here.
I am sitting outside of the Radiohead production office listening to the last song of the Radiohead set realizing that Thom Yorke is one hell of a singer. I caught more of their show tonight than I have so far and it dawned on me just how much he sings. He is practically holding a note for nearly the whole 2 hour show.

We are in Ferraro, Italy by the way for the first of two nights and I think I may move here. The language is gorgeous, the city is perfect and I could handle the heat. We set off from Florence at mid-day after rescuing my digital camera from the restaurant we ate at last night. The drive went quickly, maybe because of the Harry Potter book I am caught up in or maybe just because it was only 90 miles. As is our custom we stopped for coffee at a gas station along the way. The gas stations in Europe are so much better, you can buy REAL food and get a decent cappucino.

Our hotel for the next two days is literally right behind the stage and very cozy. Tomorrow I am hoping to take one of the hotel bikes for a ride about the city. More about Ferrara. In my limited 10 block walk all I can say is WOW. Hollis and I went strolling during before Low took the stage and everywhere you look is perfect. I will try to post some pictures tomorrow but you really just have to come here to believe. The streets are paved wit small rocks that are just a handfull in size and irregular. Along the side of the very narrow roads are a smooth strip for riding bikes. The greatest thing about all of Italy is the shutters which people pull shut in the morning to combat the days heat. After about 5PM things start to cool down and the shutters are flung open to let in the coolness. By 10PM the air is perfect and there is always a slight breeze to wash away the days punishment.

What else? Oh beyond our regular 4 rooms in the hotel we have an extra suite for the dressing room and if you look out the window you can see the 6000 plus Radiohead fans pushing towards the front of the stage. On two sides is an old castle and the other sides are made up of our hotel and another one. The folks in the other hotel had the BEST view around for the show. I will try to capture this on my camera and post tomorrow.

I best be running now because the Radiohead office is closing and I am not sure if they will shut down the connection. Sleep tight and go to Green Man if you can.

lovelove

scotty

No comments: